Staycation at Romney Park
“Located on Cape Town’s Atlantic Seaboard, Romney Park is one of the area’s architectural gems.”
Romney Park, a historical 5-star hotel, recently refurbished into 26 luxurious sectional-title apartments where modern interiors meet traditional architecture. Situated on the highly sought-after Atlantic Seaboard.
Checking into Romney Park
Checking-in was fast and effortless, just the way I like it! After acquiring my keys and checking-in my luggage, the staff gave me a short tour around the hotel. Before we dive into more details about Romney Park, I have to compliment the staff on the attentive and personalised service. They ensured my stay was an absolute pleasure! Curious by nature, every question or query was dealt with in a professional and friendly manner. Now let’s discuss the décor, views and food shall we?
Modern interiors meet traditional architecture
Romney Park is a fine example of a contemporary and fresh design where modern interior meets traditional architecture. The hotel stays true to the urbane lifestyle concept. Adding to that element, the décor allows for luxurious comfort, engaging conversation and a good night’s rest. As a female solo traveler, safety is one of my biggest concerns. I can happily report that there are plenty of safety procedures in place.
New modern-day amenities provide guests with a social and narrative experience. First and foremost, the WIFI is super-fast and accessible to all guests. Especially if you’re like me and want to squeeze in a few hours of work.
The apartment is divided into three main areas, the bedroom, balcony (with seating area) and open plan lounge/kitchen (backed with a small table which I converted into a desk and office area).
- The monochrome inspired kitchen has all the modern-day amenities you’ll need. Amenities include a kettle, toaster, stove, refrigerator, microwave and a coffee machine (very important as this prevents moodiness). Perfect for anyone staying over while still wanting to cook.
- My favourite part of the apartment was the lounge area. I enjoyed relaxing on the couch with a picture-perfect view of Cape Town.
- The well-designed bathroom includes a spacious shower, bath and toiletries that add to the room’s comfort.
- Linen bedding and a comfortable mattress ensured a good night’s rest. The bedroom included a flat screen TV, perfect to enjoy a movie in bed with snacks.
- The terrace contained outdoor patio, the perfect spot to enjoy panoramic views of Cape Town with a cup of coffee or glass of wine. Unfortunately, it was quite nippy during my stay, so I opted to enjoy the views from the couch.
The morning after
After squeezing in some work, I made my way down to the main dining area for a scrumptious buffet breakfast. Breakfast included a selection of cheese and charcuterie, cereal, bread, fresh fruit and nuts with hot breakfast. All breakfast meals are served with tea and coffee.
Winter Special at Romney Park
Final thoughts on Romney Park
If you’re looking for an incredible place to stay in the Greenpoint area, Romney Park should be on top of your list. This apartment is ideal for anyone visiting Cape Town on holiday or for a business trip. More information here.
Love and light,